Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PhD Funding Application

Yesterday, I completed the first draft of my PhD funding application. It is not as easy as you might suspect. I am absolutely looking forward to the opportunity to pursue my research goals, but it is certainly a grueling process getting there.

I have particular issues when it comes to the existing historiography as there really has not been much work done about the German aristocracy in the nineteenth century. I am planning a trip to Munich relatively soon so I can see what there is there in terms of local history books in the bookstores, libraries and especially the Ludwig-Maximilian-University's library. Hopefully something useful will emerge. I am also going to be looking into the archives there in Munich and the surrounding area for anything that might be of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment